My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
Geeks Who Drink is a Denver-based company that hosts Bar Trivia at over 800 pubs and restaurants in 46 states. Our quiz is a collective effort of dozens of quizmasters, writers, fact-checkers, graphic designers and artists.
The quiz consists of eight rounds of eight questions each, played by teams of up to six people. Questions are read aloud by the quizmaster and teams write down the answers, turning them in at the end of each round.
Rounds 1, 4 and 6 are themed rounds – anything from "Eight Questions About Sex That Won’t Make You Too Uncomfortable" to "TV Shows Your Parents Watch." Round 2 is a music round worth double points: name the artist and title for each song clip. Round 3 is a multiple choice round or a speed round. Round 5 is a visual round based on a printed handout. The all-audio Round 7 usually covers movies or TV shows, and is worth the standard eight points. Finally, Round 8 is always 16 points on Random Knowledge.
One round can be jokered, doubling your points for that round only (yes, the 16-point rounds are fair game). The team with the most points after eight rounds is the winner.
Here's a small sample of what you'll hear at one of our quizzes. Remember, each quiz consists of eight rounds of eight questions. Two of those rounds are audio, one is a visual round and the rest are read aloud by our quizmaster. Sometimes we will have the ability to play video, so you might even see one of those pop up now and again. Every week is brand new quiz, so come back as often as you can! You can find our full schedule at Clock Bar here.
1. Elton John's tiny dancer was a blue jean baby and an LA Lady. What was her job for the band?
2. In Right Said Fred's lyrical masterpiece "I'm Too Sexy," which of the following is Fred NOT too sexy for? A. His shirt, B. New York, C. Your party, or D. His pants.
3. Chuck D of Public Enemy "got a letter from the government the other day. He opened and read it, it said they were" WHAT?
4. Madonna wrote the song "Vogue" cause she knows "a place where you can get away," that is if you "long to be something better than you are today?" Where or what is that place?
5. A cowboy puts a notch in his gun. Where does Pat Benatar put hers in "Hit Me With Your Best Shot?"
6. What's the first question posed in the lyrical masterpiece that is "Iron Man" by Black Sabbath?
7. According to Naughty By Nature, what is rule #1 in this OPP establishment?
8. "Champagne Supernova" ends with three questions: How many special people change? How many lives are living strange? And ….Where were you while we were….?
Bonus: Jewel "never leaves WHAT on the floor anymore" because "dreams last so long, even after you're gone."
2. D. His pants
3. Suckers. From "Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos."
4. The Dance Floor
5. "In my lipstick case"
6. Has he lost his mind?
7. Keep your mouth shut, (or any variation thereof) exact lyric: When you get down, you can't go 'round runnin' off at the mouth. That's rule number one in this OPP establishment. You keep your mouth shut and it won't get back to her or him.
8. "getting high?"
Bonus: Wet Towels
2. (Turanga) Leela
3. Cow (of '"Cow and Chicken'" fame)
4. Homer Simpson
5. Twilight Sparkle
6. Eric Cartman
8. Doug (Funnie)
The QG’s Clock Restoration or otherwise Clock Bar for short, is looking forward to seeing you on Tuesdays for our trivia night with Geeks Who Drink. Please check our calendar and social media for schedule for interruptions of Trivia Tuesdays. This month we will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day on Tuesday, March 17th.